On 30 June 2020, the QR invoice with payment part was launched in Switzerland. QR invoices will replace today's standard orange and red payment slips. All the most important information about the «new payment slip» at a glance.
A legal advice line now available exclusively with bexio!
Creating QR invoices is a breeze with bexio!
Create and send QR invoices (almost) automatically with bexio! Start a free trial of bexio now:
QR invoices at a glance
QR invoices consist of the invoice and a payment part. The payment part contains the QR code (Swiss QR codes have a Swiss cross in the middle), and can be printed on the invoice itself or enclosed with it.
The QR code contains all the necessary payment information and can be read with a smartphone or a QR code reader. However, payments can still be made manually: All the relevant information such as the account number and amount are also shown as text on the payment part.
How to create a QR invoice in bexio
A software solution like bexio makes it especially easy to create QR invoices. bexio allows you to create invoices (almost) automatically – and from 30 June 2020, also with a QR code.
- Creating a QR invoice: Thanks to bexio's professional templates and data import feature, you can create invoices with just a few clicks. Simply select your bank details to generate payment parts with a QR code and show the code on invoices.
- Sending a QR invoice: QR invoices can be sent by e-mail from your bexio account, or printed out and sent by post. The new QR invoices are very practical, since they do not require pre-printed forms and the QR code can be printed on perforated white paper with a normal printer. The code can be printed directly on the invoice or enclosed separately.
- Get paid faster: The QR code will enable recipients to pay your invoices faster and more easily – with a smartphone, for example. Another advantage is that since the data is transferred automatically, there is no risk of typos.
bexio allows you to generate QR invoices quickly and easily
- Paying bills just got even easier: You can still pay your bills with online banking, but now you can simply scan the QR Code with your smartphone or a QR reader.
- Process invoices faster: Put an end to tedious typing: Invoice details such as the invoice and VAT numbers are automatically retrieved from the QR code and transferred directly to your online banking system. This doesn't just save time and effort, it also minimises the risk of errors.
- Automated reconciliation of payments: If you enter an invoice manually in bexio in advance, the payment will be reconciled automatically between bexio and your online bank account as soon as it has been paid online.
Special Case UBS:
UBS currently recommends the use of payment slips with reference numbers (ESR). If you still want to work with the QR invoice, we recommend deactivating the automatic connection in bexio. Learn more in our support article.
Special Case Raiffeisenbank:
We strongly urge Raiffeisenbank customers not to make any changes to the QR invoicing yet. In the meantime, please continue to use the orange payment slip. If you’d like to work with the QR invoicing anyway, we recommend deactivating the automatic connection in bexio. Read more on this topic in our support article.
QR invoices will help to standardise payment transactions, resulting in lower costs and increased efficiency.
Yes, bexio is ready for the QR invoice!
All you need to do is activate QR invoices once in your bexio account – we will take care of the rest!
The difference is the QR code, which contains all the information required to pay the invoice in digital form. The QR code is scanned (e.g. with a smartphone or QR reader) and the data is transmitted electronically to the bank.
QR invoices can be used and paid by anyone, just like the old payment slips.
The old red and orange payment slips may still be used during the transition period. bexio customers will be informed as soon as they have been discontinued.
You can pay QR invoices by scanning the QR code. The data stored digitally in the code is extracted automatically and sent to the bank, so you no longer have to enter it manually in your online bank account. This reduces the possibility of errors.
Since all the key data is in the QR Code, processing incoming invoices is also easier. Information such as the invoice number can be automatically recorded by your accounting software, which saves you time and prevents errors.