a credit card
On 30 June 2020, the QR invoice with payment part was launched in Switzerland. QR invoices will replace today's standard orange and red payment slips. All the most important information about the «new payment slip» at a glance.
Already a bexio customer? Set up your QR invoicing preferences in your account now. Find out more »
«The nationwide introduction of the QR bill is in full swing. On 30 September 2022, the last payments based on payment slips will be made. An early changeover is therefore also important for your company. Start planning now for the changeover to QR billing and, if necessary, contact your software partner as soon as possible. My tip: If you use bexio, you can set up QR billing with just one click!»
Product Owner and QR invoice expert
What does the QR invoice look like?
The QR invoice consists of the invoice and a payment part. The payment part contains the Swiss QR code (with a Swiss cross in the center as the identifying feature). The QR code can be machine-read by devices such as QR readers and smartphones. The payment part can either be printed directly on the invoice or attached to it.
The QR code contains all the necessary payment information and can be read with a smartphone or a QR code reader. However, payments can still be made manually: All the relevant information such as the account number and amount are also shown as text on the payment part.
How to create a QR invoice in bexio
A software solution like bexio makes it especially easy to create QR invoices. bexio allows you to create invoices (almost) automatically – and from 30 June 2020, also with a QR code.
- Creating a QR invoice: Thanks to bexio's professional templates and data import feature, you can create invoices with just a few clicks. Simply select your bank details to generate payment parts with a QR code and show the code on invoices.
- Sending a QR invoice: QR invoices can be sent by e-mail from your bexio account, or printed out and sent by post. The new QR invoices are very practical, since they do not require pre-printed forms and the QR code can be printed on perforated white paper with a normal printer. The code can be printed directly on the invoice or enclosed separately.
- Get paid faster: The QR code will enable recipients to pay your invoices faster and more easily – with a smartphone, for example. Another advantage is that since the data is transferred automatically, there is no risk of typos.
bexio allows you to generate QR invoices quickly and easily
- Paying bills just got even easier: You can still pay your bills with online banking, but now you can simply scan the QR Code with your smartphone or a QR reader.
- Process invoices faster: Put an end to tedious typing: Invoice details such as the invoice and VAT numbers are automatically retrieved from the QR code and transferred directly to your online banking system. This doesn't just save time and effort, it also minimises the risk of errors.
- Automated reconciliation of payments: If you enter an invoice manually in bexio in advance, the payment will be reconciled automatically between bexio and your online bank account as soon as it has been paid online.
Not a bexio customer yet? Get ready for QR invoices with bexio!
You must switch to QR invoices by September 30, 2022. The QR invoice was introduced at the end of June 2020 and replaces the previous red and orange payment slips. You can continue to use the red and orange payment slips during the transition period until September 30, 2022.
QR invoices will help to standardise payment transactions, resulting in lower costs and increased efficiency.
Swiss companies are required switch to the QR invoice from the previous payment slips. This is because starting October 1, 2022, the conventional payment slips will be finally discontinued and will no longer be processed by Swiss banks and the post office.
Yes, bexio is ready for the QR invoice!
You can create QR invoices yourself. For example, you can use an online QR generator or, to generate the payment part automatically, you can use a software solution such as bexio. The QR invoice can then either be printed out on plain paper or sent as a PDF by email.
All you need to do is activate QR invoices once in your bexio account – we will take care of the rest!
The difference is the QR code, which contains all the information required to pay the invoice in digital form. The QR code is scanned (e.g. with a smartphone or QR reader) and the data is transmitted electronically to the bank.
QR invoices can be used and paid by anyone, just like the old payment slips.
The previous red and orange payment slips can still be used during the transition phase, until September 30, 2022. bexio customers will be informed as soon as they have been discontinued.
You can pay QR invoices by scanning the QR code. The data stored digitally in the code is extracted automatically and sent to the bank, so you no longer have to enter it manually in your online bank account. This reduces the possibility of errors.
Since all the key data is in the QR Code, processing incoming invoices is also easier. Information such as the invoice number can be automatically recorded by your accounting software, which saves you time and prevents errors.
The Swiss QR code on the QR invoice is machine-readable: to scan the QR code, invoice recipients need either a handheld scanner or a smartphone. After checking the information, you can release the payment.