Cloud Software Architect 100%
bexio is the leading provider of web-based business software for small businesses. Currently, bexio has over 50,000 customers and more than 100 employees.
The centerpiece of bexio is the team. We are interested in people – we are not only a workgroup but a community. Your opinion counts, your ideas are listened to and implemented: we want you to be proactive and become part of our vision - to make small businesses more successful.
Currently we are looking for an experienced
Cloud Software Architect 100%
What awaits you at bexio:
bexio is in an exciting phase as we are modernising our leading SAAS platform. We are looking for a strong technical leader to support us on this journey. We have a strong alignment for this modernisation process, which is seen as vital to our ability to innovate. If you are looking for a dynamic, startup-like environment working on great challenges with great people, then this is the right place for you.
What you will do:
- You will collaborate with engineers, product team and leadership to determine project scope and direction
- You will collaborate with the engineers to find cross-system solutions, if necessary
- You will document the currently implemented architecture
- You propose modifications for existing software to improve performance
- You find clean and maintainable solutions for projects
- You drive the architecture across development teams and challenge existing and new concepts
- You develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration, feasibility, and maintainability
- You develop architectural solutions for databases, user interfaces, and web services
- You conceptualize software solutions to address particular needs for end-users
- You participate in testing to ensure optimal functionality
- You contribute to debugging any errors or issues that arise
- You ensure architectural integrity of software solutions
- You contribute to project timelines and support the teams in completing work according to deadlines
Knowledge gathering and sharing
- You understand the current architecture and context
- You understand the vision and needs
- You conduct cost analyses to ensure projects remain within budget
- You document and maintain thorough documentation of systems and applications, incl. decisions and the big picture of the architecture
- You share the vision of future architecture with stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- You have experience in a software development role with 5+ years of experience and a working knowledge of multiple programming languages and frameworks
- You have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- You have been part of a team successfully delivering software products, preferably in a cloud-based environment
- You have a strong background in agile software development practices
- You have superior interpersonal communication skills in English (knowledge of German is not required, English is the main language)
- You have clear and coherent written communication and visual representations
- You take ownership for decisions; delivering maintainable and scalable system decisions
- You are able to see the overall picture and interaction between the systems according to the company and product vision
- You are able to collaboratively define a clear set of choices of what to do, and what not to do
- You have a good understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- You are able to lead and influence teams effectively, even if not direct reports
- You gained an extensive understanding of architectural styles and design patterns
- You have experience with enterprise & distributed systems and development practices
- Open and honest working atmosphere
- Much freedom for personal development
- Work smart - choose the ideal environment for your tasks
- No matter if night owl or early bird - we offer flexible working hours. Flat hierarchies enabling fast and short decision paths
- Expect many employee events, team lunches and friday chillouts
- Modern infrastructure and high-end equipment
What else you can expect from us:
Our team of over 100 employees works hard every day to achieve our vision of making small businesses more successful. When you join our team you become part of our culture, which is grounded in a strong commitment to our core values, our talented people and an unwavering focus on our customers. We encourage our people to share ideas, make suggestions and provide feedback.
This is a full-time, permanent position in beautiful Rapperswil SG, Switzerland. Hybrid work is possible.
Sounds good? Apply now and we will contact you shortly.
Do you have any questions before you apply? Please contact email@example.com.
Alte Jonastrasse 24